At Jens Happy Pets, we highly value our pet sitters and our clients. It is crucial for us to respect their time, and provide excellent care to your beloved pets. Our cancellation policies are in place to ensure fairness to all parties involved. By adhering to these policies, we can confidently hold spots for our clients, and guarantee personalized care. Likewise.. helps keep schedules from fluctuating with too many changes, and we can guarantee more consistent work and payroll for our employees.
- For the safety and comfort of the pets in our care, we require a minimum of three visits a day for dogs, and at least one visit per day for cats or other small animals. (For pets that are alone for 24 hours)
- It is very important to us that our clients make sure to keep emergency contact information/care instructions up-to-date in the app.
- Please make sure walkways are clear of ice, snow, or other debris. If we need to clear it, to safely get to your pets, additional time may be charged!
- Check fences for holes or loose boards, and let us know if there is a problem area where you pet can escape!
- Please make sure that all equipment for your pet is in good shape and fits well. If we feel that your pet may slip out of a harness or collar, we may require you to provide a safer alternative.
- Please keep us up to date on any changes with your pets food, health, temperament etc.
- Make sure to provide as much information for your pets as possible. This includes any quirks that they may have, places they like to hide, or situations that may make them uncomfortable. This will allow us to take the best possible care of your pet as well as locate them, If they don’t greet us at the door.
- Please understand that we cannot be liable for the safety of cats that are allowed outside.
- If your pet poses a safety risk to one of my pet sitters, we may have to discontinue services.
- Let us know if someone we wouldn’t expect will be at your home… This includes family members, construction workers, cleaning people, etc. We have no problem with guests being at your home while we are visiting, but would like to have a heads up!
- We will enter your home through any door of your choosing, if we are entering through a garage or door with a key pad, we still will require a key hidden on the promises, in case of a power outage or glitch.
- Please put your key in a hidden spot that’s reasonable to get to each day or use a lock box that is protected from the elements so we don’t have a problem with rust or freezing.
- If you choose to have your pet sitter hold onto the key for the duration of your trip, you still will be required to leave a hidden key on your property, so that in case of an emergency a back up pet sitter can get in.
- If you require your pet sitter to make a special trip to your home to pick up or drop off a key, a $15 fee will be added to cover time and gas.
- Clients on a regular schedule will have priority, we will reserve time slots to guarantee services. However, if a regular client frequently cancels services or needs to take a break, we may not be able to continue holding spots. These clients can still request services as needed and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- All visits need to be requested through the Time To Pet scheduler section , or by calling or texting 908-528-6253. Please do not request services through your pet sitter directly or through the conversation feed of the app. We do not want to miss your request.
- Regular scheduled services, or as needed services are booked without a deposit, but cancellation fees apply.
- Any daily dog walking, or as needed daily scheduled services need to be canceled before 12 AM same day. Any cancellations with less notice will be charged at the full rate of canceled visit.
- Any clients that require a cluster of visits scheduled for a long weekend or any kind of vacation services will be required to put down a deposit of 50% to hold all of the spots. Reservations are not confirmed or places held until we receive the deposit. Any cancellations after the initial reservation will result in a cancellation fee of 25% of the total. Cancellations with less than two weeks notice will result in a loss of the full deposit. This includes clients with late departures and those who come home early from a trip. Unfortunately, we cannot fill spots on such short notice..
- Clients needing to book services over a major holiday will be required to put down a 50% deposit but if canceled will not receive the deposit back. Holiday trips book up very quickly and are very limited. We definitely turn away work, if we hold spots open for someone. So please make sure that you definitely need these services before booking with us.
Client meet and greets
- Our client meeting and greets are an opportunity to go over all care details, as well as get to know your pet. We schedule these for 30 minutes.
- The first meet and greet is always complementary, any additional visits needed would be charged at regular rate for our time.
- If your dog is nervous or shy, we may require some additional visits to be scheduled to make sure that your dog has an opportunity to become comfortable with their pet sitter. Stressed out pets, are not happy pets. Many times a shy or nervous dog can become a really happy and comfortable dog, with some additional visits.
- Scheduling a meet and greet does not guarantee services. In some cases we recognize it’s just not a good fit.
We reserve the right to make changes to our services, rates and policies at any time. Should any changes occur, we will notify you in advance and provide the opportunity to discuss any concerns or questions you may have. By using our services, do you agree to abide by our cancellation and business policies. These policies are in place to ensure the best care for your pets, and maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions, or need clarification on any of these policies mentioned above, please do not hesitate to ask.